Cataract Surgery With Latest Surgical Techniques
Cataract surgery is recommended by your eye doctor when the natural lens in your eye becomes opaque, which affects your normal vision. In cataract surgery, the affected opaque natural lens is replaced by an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) to restore your normal vision.
Cataract surgery is a common medical procedure performed to treat cataracts, which is the clouding of the natural lens of the eye. Cataracts can cause blurry vision, difficulty seeing in low light, and other visual disturbances. Cataract surgery aims to remove the cloudy lens and replace it with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL) to restore clear vision.
Cataract Diagnosis, Cataract Treatment, Motibindu Operation, Cataract Surgery With Latest Surgical Techniques .
Dr. Swati Sathe 's Eye Clinic
Ophthalmologist , Eye Specialist , Eye Surgeon , Contact Lens Specialist
Welcome to our eye clinic . Dr Swati Sathe is Consultant Ophthalmologist , Eye Specialist And Practicing Eye Surgeon In Koregaon Park in Pune . This eye specialist clinic is well equipped with latest eye care equipment to provide the best eye care services.
The Clinic has earned reputation for offering comprehensive range of eye care services, which includes comprehensive eye check-up for the diagnosis and Treatment for Cataract. The eye clinic offers Cataract Surgery with latest surgical techniques.
What is a Cataract ?
The natural lens inside our eyes help us to see the objects by refracting the light rays. This eye lens needs to be clear for a normal person to see the objects clearly. However for a patient with cataract, this lens becomes cloudy which prevents light rays focusing on to the retina. The lens could become cloudy in cataract because of number of factors. This cloudy lens results blurry, hazy vision for the cataract patient affecting the normal vision.
What is a Cataract Explained?
What Are the Cataract Symptoms ?
The cataract may cause due to number of factors . The cataract are generally formed slowly and may not noticeably affect the the vision . However the over a period of time , the patients with cataract starts noticing the changes in the clarity of vision .
- Blurry , Clouded And Unclear vision
- Difficulty with Night vision.
- Difficulty in Focusing.
- Frequent Changes in prescription for Eyeglasses Or Contact Lens.
- Increased Sensitivity to Bright light And Glare.
- Difficulty in Reading Under Normal Lighting .
- Double Images And “halos” Around lights.
- Fading Or Yellowing of Bright Colors.
Cataract Surgery Pre-operative Evaluation
- Before the surgery, you’ll undergo a thorough eye examination to assess the extent of your cataract and determine the type of IOL that may be suitable for you.
- You may also discuss any other eye conditions or health issues that could affect the surgery or your recovery.
- Your eye doctor will advise you regarding some basic medical tests that you may be required to undergo to assess your medical fitness before the surgery.
Cataract Surgery Surgical Techniques
- There are two primary surgical techniques for cataract removal: phacoemulsification and extracapsular cataract extraction (ECCE). Phacoemulsification is the most common and less invasive method. However, depending upon your medical condition, your eye doctor will decide the most suitable procedure.
- During the surgery, a small incision is made in the eye, and an ultrasonic probe is used to break up the cloudy lens into small pieces, which are then removed.
- After the removal of the cataract, an IOL is inserted into the eye to replace the natural lens.
Cataract Surgery Post-operative Care And Recovery
- Cataract surgery is usually an outpatient procedure, and most patients can go home on the same day just after a few hours.
- After the surgery, you will be provided with eye drops and medications to ensure your speedy recovery and manage inflammation.
- It’s essential to follow the post-operative instructions provided by your surgeon, which may include using eye drops and avoiding strenuous activities for a specified period.
- Your eye doctor will also advise you regarding some basic precautions to be observed while bathing, cleaning, sleeping, or any other activity that a patient usually performs.
What is a Cataract Explained?
Cataract Surgery FAQ
Cataract Operation - Frequently Asked Questions
There are many factors which may be responsible for the cataract to develop. However, most people develop cataract over age fifty years. The Cataract in early stage may not affect the vision but can be detected by your eye doctor during your check-up.
Your Eye doctor might conduct the routine eye check-up and few more tests necessary for the diagnosis and treatment of cataract.
These tests are performed by your eye doctor either during your periodic eye check-up or when you approach your eye doctor with specific problem.
These tests will help your eye doctor for the preliminary diagnosis and to decide the line of treatment.
Depending upon your eye condition and the preliminary diagnosis, your eye doctor might advise you to take few more special tests for precise diagnosis and treatment of the cataract.
In some patients, the cataract surgery is advised by your eye doctor depending upon the tests results, condition of your eye, extent of vision affected and the medical fitness to undergo any surgical procedure.
With advancement in the medical science, the cataract surgery is very common and fairly safe. In Most cases, the cataract operation is completed and the patient is given discharge on the same day.
However, any surgical procedure would have some element of risks associated with the procedure. With cataract surgery, the normal vision of the person can be restored.
In cataract surgery, your old cloudy natural lens is replaced with new artificial intraocular lens ( IOL ).
Before the surgical procedure, your eye doctor will perform the necessary tests to calculate the exact power of this intraocular lens to give you perfect vision after the cataract surgery.
However, despite this some patient might need eye glasses with small number after the cataract surgery.
You can take normal shower without the head shower for few days. However, special precaution should be taken to prevent any contact with soap solution or warm water with the operated eye.
The ladies can wash the hair with the help of another person sitting on the reclined chair so that the operated eye will be fully protected during the head bath.